Privacy statement in relation to the Conference organisation and website:
The ONE – Health, Environment, Society – Conference 2022 (ONE Conference) is organized by EFSA together with its contractor its contractor European Service Network S.A. and partners:
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- European Chemicals Agency
- European Environment Agency
- European Medicines Agency
- EU Joint Research Centre (JRC)
EFSA, as an agency of the EU, in the area of personal data protection, is subject to Regulation (EU) 2018/17251 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data (‘the EDPR’). The EDPR is aligned with the GDPR rules and principles on the protection of personal data. In organizing the ONE Conference including maintenance of the relevant Conference website, the European Service Network S.A. acts as a processor of EFSA in execution of the relevant service contract.
In accordance with Article 15 of the EDPR, the following information is provided:
- A general Privacy Statement concerning EFSA meetings & events is available on the EFSA website - https://www.efsa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/assets/dpevents.pdf This Statement contains information on the purpose of the personal data processing and all other information to be provided pursuant to the Regulation to the conference audience and users of relevant services such as the present Conference website. It also mentions the following:
- photo shoots may be organised in the context of the event and information including photos may be spread by means of EFSA’s corporate social media accounts such as Twitter. These tools are only applied after due notification to the event audience offering the possibility to opt-out;
- live web-streaming and video or audio recording may be organized. In case of video recording, as possible an opt-out facility for meeting participants who prefer their images are not recorded will be arranged.
- Data storage: Personal data processed in the context of the ONE Conference is stored within the ONE – Health, Environment, Society – Conference 2022 website’s CMS, operated by the contractor ESN and its platform https://paddle.be/ whose data centre is located within the EU and operates in full compliance with the GDPR.
- Exercise of data subject rights: For further information on processing of personal data or how to exercise your rights as a data subject, including your right to access your data or to rectify any inaccurate or incomplete data in the context of the ONE Conference, please use the Contact Information in the event registration tool. You also may contact EFSA’s data protection officer, writing to DataProtectionOfficer@efsa.europa.eu
- You may lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by EFSA in the context of the ONE Conference with the European Data Protection Supervisor.
1 Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC, OJ L 295/39 21.11.2018