The Scientific Program Committee is responsible for developing the event’s scientific content, structure and themes, and thereby establishing the overall scientific program of the conference. The Scientific Program Committee is composed of the respective Session Coordinators in EFSA.
The work of the Session Coordinators is supported by several colleagues across the following EU Agencies and Institutions:
- European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), conference organiser;
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), conference co-organiser;
- European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), conference co-organiser;
- European Environment Agency (EEA), conference co-organiser;
- European Medicines Agency (EMA), conference co-organiser;
- European Commission, Joint Research Centre (JRC), conference co-organiser.
Members of the Scientific Program Committee
Two advisory boards provide strategic advice and feedback to the Scientific Program Committee:
- the Member State Advisory Board, which is composed of members of EFSA’s Advisory Forum;
- the External Advisory Board, which is composed of selected representatives from international organisations and foundations, EU institutions, national food authorities and agencies outside the EU, as well as renowned/influential scientists from academic institutions.